Family sponsorship

Hallo allemaal,

Vandaag probeerde ik de ambassade in Wenen te bellen voor wat hulp met mijn visumaanvraag - maar die hadden een fijn bandje aanstaan waarop ze zeiden dat ze het te druk hadden en dat ik geen bericht kon achterlaten en niet teruggebeld zou worden. Ik heb ze dus maar gemaild, maar ik ben er bang voor dat ze geen haast hebben met antwoorden. Dus, op zoek naar een forum vond ik wereldwijzer, en ik vroeg me af of jullie me kunnen helpen. Ik copy paste even de email die ik heb gestuurd, hebben jullie hier ervaring mee? Ik wil graag zsm met de aanvraag beginnen :slight_smile:

Bedankt!

Dear Sir, Madam,

Today I tried to call the embassy in Vienna regarding the family sponsorship visa my girlfriend and I would like to apply for. We have researched everything we could on the CIC website, and we are still left with a few questions that I was hoping to get answers to with said phone call. Unfortunately, the call was disconnected due to “resource constraints”, hence I am left with emailing you the questions instead. Thank you in advance for taking the time to help us with this process.

Firstly, I would like to describe our situation. Amy Hartigan and I met in 2010 when we were both travelling, and we have been in a relationship ever since. Amy is a Canadian citizen, I am a Dutch citizen. During the first few years of our relationship we visited each other at numerous occasions. Amy took part in the working holiday program in 2011 but left the Netherlands after a while due to a lack of job prospects. After I graduated in 2014 I too took part in the working holiday program, and we lived together in Canada from April 2014 – July 2015. During this period we inquired about family sponsorship. We were told we would be able to apply based on our conjugal relationship, and it would be possible to do this while I live in Europe and Amy is in Canada. We decided to live in two different places during this application because this way we are both able to work while the application is being processed.

As we started the application, we have come across a number of questions that we would like clarified before we submit the application. We would like to ensure that we submit everything perfectly so the application goes smoothly for you as well as for us. These are the questions we have:

• Regarding IMM5409, the Statutory Declaration of Common Law
o As our relationship is conjugal, do we need to fill out this form? If the answer is yes then:
o Section four: How can we prove our relationship is common law?
o Section five: How can we provide a solemn declaration while we are in two different countries? And who can administer the declaration?
• Regarding IMM5491, the Document Checklist for the Sponsor
o Section seventeen: What is an “Option C Printout”?
o Section eighteen: Is proof of employment enough, or does Amy have to provide proof of income for the last 12 months as well?
o Section nineteen: What is the minimum necessary income?
• Regarding IMM3901, the Western Europe Immigration Information guide
o Section seven: What type of documents would be valid proof of our relationship?
o Section ten: Is the proof of relationship here the same as in section seven?
o Section eleven: I have a police certificate from the Netherland dated February 2014, would this still be applicable?
o Section eleven: Do I need to obtain a police certificate for my time spent in Canada as well?
• Do we need to get any documents certified by a notary public?
• Do I need to fill out IMM0008DEP, the Additional Dependants Declaration?
• Can we choose to have the embassy in France process the application, considering their processing times are less?
• Can we send all the files electronically?

Thank you very much for taking the time to answer these questions. I look forward to hearing back from you.

Yours sincerely,

Jeroen Smits

Hoi Jeroen,

Heb je al antwoord op je vragen? Dat zal iig niet via Wenen zijn, die hebben mijn vragen nog nooit beantwoord maar de meeste informatie is online te vinden. Ik zit inmiddels op een forum waar veel mensen met ervaring zitten dus als jullie de aanvraag nog niet hebben ingediend zou ik zeker daar kijken: Family Class Sponsorship | Canada Immigration Forum

Het belangrijkste antwoord dat ik je nu wil geven is dat als jullie inderdaad meer dan een jaar hebben samengewoond, officieel, zijn jullie common law en dat maakt het al stuk makkelijker. Als conjugal aanvraag zullen jullie niet goedgekeurd worden, dan moet je niet hebben kunnen samen wonen namelijk en dan zijn ze erg streng dus voor een nederlands-canadees koppel zal dat niet op gaan.

Succes