Bear Safety and NO cooking in camper vans in bear country

Ik vond dit een goed artikel op tripadvisor:

Bear Safety and NO cooking in camper vans in bear country.

After years of experience in camping and hiking in Canada, I find It really quite astonishing that there are lots of small campervan rental companies with a cooking facility in the back of the van or even in the camper van/RV (all of them). Cooking in the same place as where you will sleep is REALLY not recommended and NOT BEAR SAVE.
For all people who read this: Always use the campsite table and a stove and cook outside of your vehicle.
There are a lot of small campervan concepts that rent here in Canada, that basically copied the campervan design from a country where there are no bears. However a bear’s sense of smell is 2,100 times better than a humans! They are the best smellers around. Never ever cook in a car, campervan. Don’t cook in a tent trailer. Everyone gets the feeling this is fine to do, as the renters/ builders of the campervan or vehicle put in the cooking equipment but you are basically inviting bears to really like to visit your sleeping place.
I understand some people on this forum may say: Hey!..we have done that for years but we have never seen a bear…my feedback would be that if you are in the right place, you take too much risk and that is not needed. Cooking outside (away from the campervan, RV, tent) is the way to go and easier to enjoy the campfire (if there is no fire ban these days).
Also, always store the food in enclosed coolers and make sure they are out of sight. Always clean thoroughly the cooking equipment and dishes after cooking and make sure that all food (and food waste) has been cleaned up.

Waar zijn de statistieken waar dit op gebaseerd is?

Hoeveel RV’s waarin gekookt wordt rijden er rond in Canada en hoe vaak per jaar breken beren in die RV’s in terwijl mensen liggen te slapen?