Always wanted to be a travel writer? Share your adventures with the world? Become a Storyteller for Story of my World!
Story of my World is an online travel magazine. A collection of articles written travellers and content creators from all over the world. Stories about destinations, activities, cultures, foods, working, studying and living abroad and everything in between.
Of course, there are plenty of blogs out there, but we found it hard to find genuine, un-bias and personalised content that we could relate to. Not the standard top-10’s but honest, personalised experiences from all different types of travellers, from different parts of the world.
Everyone can travel, but we all experience and interpret things and places differently. It is this that makes Story of my World so interesting.
WE’RE CURRENTLY LOOKING FOR ENGLISH CONTENT ON THE NETHERLANDS, BALI, ANY CITY TRIPS OR WORKING/STUDING ABROAD!
Want to become a part of our platform? Please send your submissions to our Chief Editor at email@example.com.
- In no more than 500 words, please tell me about your most memorable travel experience.
- What made this trip so special? Was it the people, the scenery, the food or the friends?
- What was was the most memorable thing about your trip? Think about how you can describe the scene to help the reader better visualise what you were experiencing.
- Try to write a little introduction that entices me into reading the rest of your post. Choose one particular topic you want to cover and elaborate on that. Finally, finish up the article by summing up a few personal highlights and elaborate on why these things impressed or moved you.
- It may help you to write down some bullet points for the story you are about to write and refer to these as you progress. This will help you have a clear goal in mind and will make for a more coherent article.
Some general tips:
• Keep your blogs sweet and simple
• Try to avoid dear diary writing
• Find a good, high-quality photo banner for all your posts
• Try to avoid omitting words
• Try to avoid cursing/rude writing
• Use your punctuation in the right way
• Write words and sentences out in full
• Don’t use smileys and emoji’s
• Proofread your own article before sending it off
• Check your spelling – Download Grammarly if you need a little help here.
• Last but not least: find a good, high-quality photo banner to add to your post (2560 × 1100 and under 100K)
We look forward to reading all about your adventures